How to install Bloomberg add-ins? (and the Bloomberg Application)
In investment banks, this is normally (always actually) done by the desktop support team. So, it is normal that no other people in the bank has ever had the chance (and therefore never have the experience) to install Bloomberg software and add-ins.
Sounds mysterious, but here I'm going to walk you through the steps.
Two important points
- Bascially, we need to install the Bloomberg software, and it'll automatically have the Excel add-ins installed as well.
- Bloomberg Anywhere users can actually access bloomberg data via the browser interface. But that DOES NOT let you install or use any Bloomberg Excel add-in features. (Bloomberg formula in Excel WON'T work at all.)
Step 1 - Download the Installer from Bloomberg
- Go to http://www.bloomberg.com
- Click "Professional"
- Go to "Systems & Support", "Downloads".
- Click "New Installation". (That is a installer of about 380MB.)
Step 2 - Run the Installer
- Make sure Excel is closed.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions.
Step 3 - First time logon to Bloomberg
- Start the Bloomberg software. (There should be a green icon on your desktop.)
- You should see 4 Bloomberg windows. In any one of the windows, click the red button "DFLT".